Article provided by: Condor Life Services
The coronavirus pandemic is a soupy situation that does not indicate any signs of stopping. This has led Wisconsin drug rehab and inpatient alcohol rehabs in WI demand to decrease. To maintain social distancing and taking care of yourself are equally vital. In this regard, telehealth addiction counseling in Wisconsin can be of great help.
Telehealth implicates the use of technologies such as telephone-based services, videoconferencing, texting, smartphone applications, and web-based tools to provide care. With this, the patient is not required to visit rehab in the clinic.
1) Keep An Open Mind: It was your choice to go for a telehealth addiction treatment service or not, but once you have opted for it, it is perhaps a good idea to make the most of your situation. If you walk into treatment without an open mind and have already preconceived thoughts of professionalism and doubtfulness of its chances of success, you have a low probability of achieving sobriety. Holding onto negative or old ideas will close you off from the many openings that telehealth will offer for addiction recovery.
2) Follow The Rules: One of the most important roles a patient is expected to follow is; its rules. When you sit in front of a screen, having a video conference, there must be certain rules you need to follow. Doing this exemplifies your willingness to recover from your addiction. It is also good practice in controlling your behavior.
3) Be Attentive During Video Conferencing: A telehealth addiction counseling service gives the patient a chance to heal by acquiring a variety of behavioral health topics. It is an open and live session, and if you are attentive, you will be able to ask questions related to your problem and get responses at the same time. Your interest determines the level of knowledge and skills you increase and change of practice by implementing evidence-based and promising practices.
4) Be Completely Honest: Addiction and honesty barely go hand-in-hand. It is you who has to change and give up lies, develop tool manipulation that drives your addiction. Be honest and don’t make fake excuses for not attending the session. When you’re at a drug rehab facility in Wisconsin, you are under their supervision. But as they are not physically present in this case, your honesty towards the program is mandatory.
5) Commitment And Punctuality: If you’re willing and committed to delivering sustained efforts that speed up your recovery process. Self-motivation key, and when combined with the proper treatment, we guarantee you a positive outcome. Stay active and don’t ignore the remainder of the session; your quick response to the therapist and doctor helps evaluate your interest in healing.
6) Organized And Prepared: Your schedule can include telehealth appointments and other activities such as exercising, participating in a hobby, or doing something with your immediate family members. Having telehealth, you must develop and keep you feeling organized and prepared. Moreover, since the treatment is over and you are no longer attending sessions there, you need to awaken for skills. Develop skills that let you ignore your craving, keep you firm and rigid, and not let drugs and alcohol ground you again.
Telemedicine can accelerate access to addiction treatment services by eliminating the obstacles of geography and stigma. However, the lack of physical presence doesn’t allow us to overweigh the pros of intensive outpatient treatment in Wisconsin. But being the top rehab centers in Wisconsin, condor life services help you find the true path and with their one-of-a-kind online substance counseling. 833-955-5888